Software Venture Capital
Associate / Senior Associate
Join a premier early-stage venture capital firm as we deploy our freshly raised Fund IV and build upon our history of robust investment returns. Our team is comprised of a blend of accomplished technology executives and investors with years of institutional investment knowledge and software operating proficiency. We focus on Series A investments in B2B software companies applying state of the art technology within four principal sectors: supply chain & industrial software, healthcare IT, fintech, and media tech. With a hardened strategy to identify and invest in high potential companies, Vocap utilizes a unique value-add approach to accelerate the journey from high potential to highly valuable.
We are currently seeking an intellectually curious, highly driven individual to immerse themselves in all facets of venture capital investing and portfolio management. As a part of our closely bonded, collaborative team, you’ll have the chance to occupy board observer positions and actively participate in investment decisions. This position offers a direct career path leading to a General Partner role.
- Play a key role in deal sourcing initiatives, directly reaching out to entrepreneurs and constantly improving our processes
- Responsible for managing extensive financial and capitalization models both in due diligence and as support to portfolio companies
- Lead in the development of extensive investment memos and presentations, leveraged by the Investment Committee
- Oversee due diligence processes, coordinating information exchange and propelling various parties towards an established timeline to investment decisions
- Carry out research and develop detailed reports on specific companies, industries, and/or investment trends
- Participate in supporting portfolio companies including dedicated board observer roles along with general support
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record; finance or economics degree preferred
- 3-6 years of work experience in a related field (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, finance.)
- Strong skillset in finance, accounting and financial modeling
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce, and other pertinent software platforms
- Self-starter with a strong passion for technology, entrepreneurship and finance
- Preference for candidates with prior technology or healthcare industry experience
- Willingness to travel
This role will be located in either of Vocap’s two offices: Atlanta (Midtown) or Vero Beach, Florida. This person will spend significant time at each office.
To apply, please email Brittany King ([email protected]) with the subject line “Associate / Senior Associate Candidate”. To be considered, applicants must submit a resume and cover letter in the body of the email. Please visit www.vocappartners.com for more information on the firm.