Software Venture Capital
Associate / Senior Associate
Join one of the premier early-stage venture capital firms as we deploy Fund IV and build on our strong track record of investment returns. Our team is comprised of successful operators and investors with decades of institutional investment and software operating experience. We focus on Series A stage investments in B2B software companies with a thematic focus on the future of work & productivity, sales & marketing, and healthcare. Our firm has built a strong track record of finding innovative companies and delivering a value-added process to help accelerate their growth. We are currently looking for a bright, highly motivated individual to work in all areas of venture capital investing and portfolio management. You will be joining a tight knit, collaborative team and will have the opportunity to serve in board observer and board roles, as well as have direct involvement in investment decisions. This role will have a career track to General Partner.
- Front-line leadership in deal sourcing efforts including direct outreach to entrepreneurs as well as continual process analysis and improvement
- Ownership of comprehensive financial and capitalization models
- Lead on drafting investment memos and presentations for prospective investments
- Drive due diligence processes including coordinating information flow and driving multiple parties toward a given timeline
- Conduct research and craft reports on companies, industries and/or investment themes
- Monitor portfolio companies and interact with management teams including certain operational projects as needed
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record; finance or economics degree preferred
- 3-6 years of work experience in a related field (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, software sales / account management, etc.)
- Strong skillset in finance, accounting and financial modeling
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Self-starter with a strong passion for technology, entrepreneurship and finance
- Preference for candidates with prior technology or healthcare industry experience
- Willingness to travel
This role will be located in either of Vocap’s two offices: Atlanta (Midtown) or Vero Beach, Florida. This person will spend significant time at each office.
To apply, please email Brittany King ([email protected]) with the subject line “Associate / Senior Associate Candidate”. To be considered, applicants must submit a resume and cover letter in the body of the email. Please visit www.vocappartners.com for more information on the firm.